Tuesday, March 25, 2014

What I Wore - Greatest Skinny Jeans & Budget Style


Let's talk skinny jeans.  Looser tops are a lot more flattering for me right now plus they are easy to nurse in but they definitely look better with skinny jeans.  Otherwise with volume on top and volume on the bottom I just ended up looking big.  

Now, I've lost a lot of the baby weight, but I still have a ways to go.  I can fit into my pre-pregnancy skinny jeans but they aren't very flattering right now.  I didn't want to buy new jeans because I don't plan to be this size and shape for too long, but after a few wardrobe related meltdowns (I admit it, I cried in my closet) my wonderful husband made me go out and buy some jeans.  

I didn't want to spend a lot of money so I went to Old Navy.  They had their Rockstar jeans on sale for $19 but I've tried them on before and they were too low rise for my post-baby body.  Then I saw a couple of racks that said the Rockstar Mid-Rise.  What!?!  These jeans are perfection!  They are soft, have a great amount of stretch, and because of the higher rise, they hold in the squishy parts I'm still carrying around my middle.  Added to that, I don't have to worry about flashing people when I bend down.

Normally I am all about my Paige and AG jeans but honestly these Old Navy Rockstar Mid-Rise are so great and you can't beat the price.  I bought this lighter wash and a dark wash.  I highly recommend picking up a pair!


Today's outfit ended up having a lot of my budget favorites.  I'm wearing my favorite cheap t-shirt from Target.  These are the ones I wore while I was pregnant and are perfect for nursing because I can just pull the neckline down and to the side.  Then I have on my dexflex flats from Payless.  Also seen here and here.

To tie the outfit together I put on this burgundy open cardigan I got a couple years ago on sale and tied this oversized lightweight leopard scarf to make it an infinity scarf.  The purse is the one splurge of the outfit.  It's a coach bag, but even that I bought several years ago at the outlet.

Jeans - Old Navy 
White T-Shirt - Target
Sweater - Limited - old
Scarf - Forever 21 - old
Purse - Coach outlet - old
Flats - Payless

I'm linking up with Plane PrettyStyle Elixer, Pleated Poppy, Mix & Match Fashion, Three-Fer Thursday, and Get Your Pretty On.

No comments:

Post a Comment