Wednesday, August 14, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday - Chevron Maxi & Denim Jacket


Today we took advantage of the $1 kid's summer movie at Regal so I knew I needed to dress smart.  I am always freezing in movie theaters so I wanted to be covered up, but I also didn't want to broil once we were out of the movies.  A maxi skirt and denim jacket were the perfect solution.

See that dark circle in the middle of my shirt?  For the record, that is not a stain ladies.  That is the shadow of my rapidly disappearing belly button.  Oh pregnancy, you are so fun.  Not only does your belly button show once it pops but now it is showing as a big, dark shadow, what?!?


Once I take my jacket off you can really tell how much I'm starting to show, yikes!  Nothing in this post is maternity by the way.  When I brought this skirt home, my husband (smooth as ever) asked "Is that maternity or is is just from the 'big girl' section."  Needless to say we added 'big girl' to the ever expanding list of things he should never say to a pregnant woman.


Let's talk for a second about these wedges.  A year or two ago I bought a tan pair that was very similar to these, and I almost didn't keep them because back then I felt like I shouldn't spend a lot of money on things for myself and even though they were on sale they were still more than I was used to spending.  I'm so glad I did keep them because I have worn them more times than I can count which taught me a very important lesson: it is smart to spend money on quality.  As the wonderful ladies at Ain't No Mom Jeans espouse, it is all about "Cost Per Wear."  I searched high and low for those same wedges in black but finally had to come to terms with the fact that that particular ship had sailed.  Then these wedges cropped up on Haute Look and found their way into my house.  I still love the other style a little more, but these are super comfy and cute so I think it was a good purchase (plus I got them on Haute Look for a steal).


 Denim Jacket - GAP old - Similar here
Tank - Old Navy
Skirt - Daisy Shoppe - Similar here on sale for $23
Wedges - on sale for $59 Charles by Charles David

14 comments:

  1. you look so pretty, love the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! I love a good maxi, they are the best thing for maternity wear. If my hubby said big girl section to me he would regret it, haha! The only things to come out of a his ands mouth when she's pregnant should be:

    Yes Dear
    Anything you'd like babe
    You look beautiful
    No that (piece of clothing) doesn't make you look big
    Would you like me to pick up your favorite dinner and ice cream tonight?

    Haha ;) thanks for stopping by my blog today.

    Xo

    Lindsay
    LindsayJEveryday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you. Most of the time he is great but every once in a while a comment like that pops out. Luckily I know he is just not smooth and can laugh at it.

      Delete
  3. Loving that maxi. You are gorg!

    Thanks for linking up with Style Sessions!

    Lauren xx
    www.stylelixir.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Kristin! Every time I wear them I am more glad that I bought them.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you have a short deadline and willing to pay someone to do my homework for me then our online experts are the best source for your college assignments.
    Math Homework Help

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just put, a narrative essay is just like a tale. In distinction to the other styles of essays in which you will need to choose a facet, argue and prove your level with the aid research paper help of evidence, a narrative essay provides you a freehand to convey to your story having said that you may please.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This blog is an artistic blog. In this post, the given nail art is very unique luxury chocolate truffles saudi arabia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Outstanding material. I think I’ll use it for developing my business continuity plan tank cleaning houston

    ReplyDelete